return to Conference index
ICT SOS is a Wichita, KS based organization who works with at-risk and trafficked youth or adults and local agencies to end human trafficking.
We will be collecting donations and creating “Fresh Start Bags” to assist this organization in their mission.
As a RMASFAA conference attendee, please consider donating to this worthy cause. Watch for more information about how you can help while attending RMASFAA!
ICT SOS is a grassroots non-profit, founded in Wichita, whose mission is to connect the organizations who work directly with victims of human trafficking with members of the community who are compelled to help. Through this link, our community has an outlet to donate items, raise awareness of the sex trafficking issue and educate our children about safety.
Fighting to End Human Trafficking
ICT SOS is a project-based organization that acts as a liaison between specific local professional groups who work with trafficked youth and adults, and the Wichita volunteers who seek ways to be involved in finding solutions to fight sex trafficking.
Create real and lasting change in Wichita through partnerships with local professional organizations, educating the community, and raising awareness of the issues of human trafficking in Wichita.
Does Human Trafficking Really Happen Here?
Yes. According to the Wichita Eagle, “Wichita sits near the crossroads of the nation’s sex-trafficking highway. ‘The pimps have routes they travel… and they include I-35 and I-70…Police have documented known pimps recruiting girls as young as 12 from Wichita and selling them for sex across the nation.’ “– police Officer Kent Bauman of the Wichita-Sedgwick County Exploited and Missing Child Unit.
ICT SOS provides Fresh Start Bags to their clients. These bags contain key items that victims need in times of crisis. They may only have the clothes on their back at the time they are rescued. The Fresh Start Bags provide the basic necessities for everyday life. Click HERE for a list of the items included in the bags.
In addition, ICT SOS works with a local tattoo artist that helps with tattoo removals and cover-ups for trafficking survivors. These victims need special items after this procedure.
How Can You Help While at the RMASFAA Conference?
There are three main ways you can help:
- Provide items for the Fresh Start Bags. It may be a challenge for those traveling to pack a full Fresh Start Bag. ICT SOS has made the following recommendations regarding donations:
- Do not donate toiletries and hygiene products. They currently have a very large supply of these items.
- The most-needed clothing items are sweatpants and hoodies for teen boys and girls. They ask that you provide new items. This sends a message that the receiver is WORTH nice, new things.
- If your office would like to go together to build a full Fresh Start Bag, please note the guidelines listed HERE.
- Provide items for tattoo removal/cover-up. Specifically, they request the following:
- Unscented lotion
- Aquaphor and/or A&D Ointment
- Liquid antibacterial soap
- Smaller drawstring type backpack
- Provide cash donations. Cash is king! It travels easily and it allows ICT SOS to purchase the items most-needed for the Fresh Start Bags. You may donate cash on-site at the conference (donation receipts will be available) or offer checks made payable directly to ICT SOS.
When making your packing list for the RMASFAA Conference, don’t forget to include ICT SOS! Thank you for helping us make a difference for this very worthy organization.
If you have any questions about the philanthropy project, please contact Robb Cummings, Philanthropy Chair at email@example.com or 785-228-9910.